03 January 2014

Salute to 2013

Oh blog! I've missed you! It's been a crazy couple of weeks, and there will some catch-up blog posts later. However, currently I am recovering from illness and getting settled back in to life post-vacation.

However, New Years Eve/New Years Day is my favorite holiday, and it would be wrong to not post a little bit of something in the way of a tip of a hat to 2013. 

I didn't set any goals or resolutions in 2013. I had decided that I had more than enough on my plate with my last year of college and finalizing things for my wedding day. That was a big choice because I love goal-setting, but I decided to keep it simple.

Instead of trying to be a full-time college student and marathon runner, entrepreneur, guitar god, whatever, 2013 I was just going to have a wonderful wedding and get married to my sweetheart 10 days in and finish college. The end.

I had my best year ever in 2013. In another week, we will be celebrating one year of marriage. Which, in my current peer group now makes me incredibly seasoned pro at marriage. Go us. Yes, I did graduate from college. B.S. Finance. That's me! Since my university does not do winter graduation...please accept this photo as my graduation photo for now. Maybe in May I'll go prance around in a cap and gown, but in the meantime...

Can I just say it is incredibly anti-climatic to have been in college on and off for the last 5 years, working like crazy and then have to photo shop yourself looking all college graduated? Poorly photo shopped at that...

In short, I've had a life-changing 2013. It's made goal setting for 2014 interesting. I've gotten two major life milestones passed in a single year, and it's the big "now what". I've set my goals for 2014 and I can hardly dare to hope this year could be any better than the last, but anything could happen I suppose!

I feel it appropriate to suggest a reading at this time about fear. I think fear is a topic to address as we set goals for ourselves this year. You can read about my thoughts on it by clicking here.

If you wanted to hear a little more about 2013, my year in a summary has marked the beginning of my return to my love of writing. Also, we enjoyed a lovely trip to Bear Lake. I went SUP boarding and found out how cool it is! Later, a link to my blog about our vacation we returned from just yesterday will be added here. We had a lovely time celebrating my graduation in Southern California, we did everything from SeaWorld to Disneyland courtesy of my incredibly generous parents, I would be nowhere without them.

Later Gators! 

No comments:

Post a Comment