29 June 2013

Then We Went on a Trip!

Well friends! I'm home from a lovely vacation out at Bear Lake! It was my first time at Bear Lake, I've driven by Bear Lake and made a stop once by it on a road trip before, but I hadn't stopped long enough to enjoy the lake. I was really excited for this trip to see what all the fuss was with Bear Lake.

 Probably the biggest highlight for me was discovering SUP boards. Super fun! We initially had thought to rent a Jetski for an hour with my birthday money...but we decided a cheaper rental might be better to get more hours out on the lake. Can I tell you...TOTALLY worth it. I loved this!

 

Can you believe how blue that water is? It was clear too! You could see straight down to the bottom anywhere on the lake. We had fun spotting fish swimming nearby...and my husband had fun knocking me off the board and otherwise dunking me. Everyone was happy...most of the time. 

We were somewhat successful in our camping attempt. Neither one of us had been camping in a few years; there really is a skill to camping and you can get out of practice at. Despite that we were pad/mattress-less, forgot pillows and only brought 4 ounces of bug repellant (Which was way bad with the mosquito population at our lakeside campsite! We needed more like a half gallon!) we were able to have a good time. I'm lucky my husband is so clever and made us pizza for dinner over a fire. If nothing else, we ate very well. 

It was a great trip to get out of Happy Valley for a little while and enjoy some clear air and free time. I got to enjoy some writing. I've been on a poetry bend lately, so I enjoyed sitting on the beach alternating between novel writing and poem writing. I'm hoping some creative juices break loose now that I've had a little time off and I can really plow ahead on a great novel. In the meantime...keep an eye out for some poems on this blog soon! (I'm not unpacking my bags and fishing out my notebook just yet...)





No comments:

Post a Comment