13 November 2013

Uninspiring Pile of Old Socks

I am realizing that when I do not take time to do writing, I feel like a pile of dirty old socks that don't know the meaning of a laundry basket. I am worn, tired and at times...a little sweaty. I need to write.

Sure, going running unleashes my excess energy that is oft just nervous energy. There's so much to be nervous about: new neighborhood, pending college graduation, exams, job searching and adjusting to all of my sibling and siblings-in-law moving in to other times zones. 

Absolutely, yoga can be incredibly restorative and get my stressed muscles relaxed and my mind refocused on the things that are most important. There are a lot of distractions, all the little details on my homework that I could agonize over in to eternity until I lost whatever semblance of sanity I pretended to have. The endless calculating "what ifs" about job prospects and potential cumulative GPA. 

However, it is writing that wakes me up, makes me excited and energized. When my life is college classes, running and yoga...all I am is just a relaxed, calm but depressed lump of socks. 

What's that saying? A bad day of writing is better than a good day of college? Yes. That sounds right. 

It's a little hard being patient to work on the writing projects I'm so excited about. I'll be starting up my website and a new blog (yes, a new blog...better yet a blog with a purpose! Unlike this one...) on Wordpress! I'm REALLY excited about this project, and I think you'll really like it. Besides, I know I will even if you don't!

I want to do it all TODAY but I have to do homework. I have to make sure this semester is my last semester of college. It would be silly to be this close and shirk off managerial economics. So I wait...

However, I need to keep doing a little writing here and there where I can in between quizzes and class projects. It keeps me feeling motivated and happy. Hmm, inspired. That's the word. Inspired. After days and days and days of mathematics and charts and numbers, it tends to leave one feeling a bit uninspired.

Now that's just sad looking isn't it?
So, as a message to my never ending pile of homework and exams: you can wait. You can wait for 30 minutes, maybe an hour, or since I'm feeling crazy...two hours! I'm spending time elsewhere. I have a novel to write, a blog to start, a website for my writing to create...you can wait.







No comments:

Post a Comment