16 January 2014

Let Me Eat This!

I'm venting. I'm also warning friends and family who want to have dinner with me.

Do not look at my plate.

If you must look at my plate, don't judge my food. I don't want to hear about how much "rabbit food" I have on my plate. I don't want to hear your commentary on how much I have or haven't eaten.

Considering that over one-third of American adults are considered obese*, you probably don't have too much right to tell me what my diet ought or ought not look like. There is a one-in-three chance you are one of these chubbies who are at risk for preventable forms of diabetes, cancer and heart diseases. You don't comment on my weight and I won't comment on yours.

You know, I'm a smaller person. I'm only 5'3. My caloric intake needs are going to be so different from a 6'3 male. On average, when I go to restaurants what they put on my plate is enough for two meals, maybe even three. This is America, people. You, being a taller individual, maybe you're a bodybuilder or something, you might need to eat that whole plate. I cannot. There is nothing wrong with this! You eat what you need to eat and I'll eat what I need to eat and I'll go home with my little white takeout box to enjoy a later lunch.

Yes, sometimes I opt for just a salad. Have you thought that maybe at that moment a salad sounds good to me? I love steaks and deep fried deliciousness as much as the next person, but every so often I don't want to full-on assault my arteries and I want to eat something in a flavor other than oil.

I really love food. It just hurts that you would suggest I feel anything but love towards delicious food. Food and I have a beautiful relationship. Don't hate on it.






*http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

No comments:

Post a Comment