08 September 2013

Back at School!

So, here I am. Second week of school survived. After quitting my summer job and starting classes...I'm realizing after I graduate, working is going to be so much easier. Each class is like an individual mini-job, it's a bit intimidating to try and process everything I need to do and everything is so different. Things have gotten a lot better since the general education days where you could go from discussing classic literature to economic theory in a single afternoon. Or worse, Spanish class to any other class where you're back to trying to remember English again and speak intelligently about biology.

At least now I'm only switching from internal auditing information systems to economic statistics to investments. So I guess it's nice to be somewhat in the same realm.

Doesn't this just get you all happy and excited?
We're still trying to work out how we're getting to campus with our one little green Subaru and my sweetheart needing to go off to work.

Bonus! An entire parking lot disappeared over summer...which is very frustrating. I hate watching our university getting hyped up about being so big and having so many students and then not supplying resources for their students. There aren't enough classes for all of the students and even fewer parking spots.

We arrived on campus a half hour before my class started, a half hour, and there wasn't any parking on campus. Any. I mean not a single spot. I've had an easier job parking on the Vegas strip during spring break than parking on campus the first week of school. Now that's terrifying to show up that early for class and be faced with the possibility of being late to class or even unable to attend. Luckily we found something...not on campus...but somewhere. It's a good thing I'm clever.

With our new apartment we're not in a good position for public transportation anymore. I have night classes (with no options for day classes...lame huh?) there is no way I'm standing out on the side of the road in the dark. Not happening.

Well, how about some photos from this past week, eh? I did actually do more than just struggle for parking. Sent my sister off on a mission, went hiking (September is PERFECT hiking weather) and checked out an outdoor concert.

Me and my supermodel sissie!
I think if you look up this concert online you'll find a zillion photos of these lanterns. I think people took more pics of the lanterns than the artists or selfies.
We spent more time playing at the creek than doing actual hiking...

No comments:

Post a Comment